Recently I faced the critical problem in my WINDOWS 10 operating system. My Dell Inspiron laptop is not properly shutting down. Two lights are showing on and i was shocked about that. I tried to put in sleep mode also but again it is not going into sleep mode. I was researched about that problem and got the good solution for it.
Please follow the below 2 Methods clearly this will help you.
Method - I
1) Go to search and type Power Options.
2)After going to Power Options Click "choose the what power button does" tab which is available in left side.
3)After clicking that tab now again click "Change settings that are currently available."
4) After clicking that tab now u can able to Check/Uncheck the below check boxes.
5)Please uncheck the Top first box to get out of the problem.
NOTE:- Mostly for some people problem might get solved by following above steps. But some people are not yet clearly solved the problem. So I am giving another Method to solve the problem.
Method - II
1) Go to search and type "Device Manager"
2) Now expand the "System Devices" tab.
3) Double click on "Intel (R) Management Engine Interface."
4) Then click the "Driver tab".
5) Now Clearly, check the Device Version. Version should be in version 9...so on.
Example:-The Device Version should be in :- 22.214.171.1240
6) If the version is above 126.96.36.1990. ie., either version 10 or version 11 then please download and install the Old version.
Click the below link and download older version of Intel drivers.
7)After downloading extract the zip file and install the driver.
8) After that shutdown your system and check the lights.
Bingo :) Your problem is solved. :)